COVID-19 Safety Plan
This plan defines the protocols for players and members attending the club premises during the Stage 2 recovery period June 5 to July 13. A separate plan will be prepared for Stage 3.
Revised 24 June 2020
1. Operating framework
- The club is open for singles and doubles during nominated times aligned to club staffing.
- The change rooms will remain closed. Members are required to shower and dress at home. Only the ground floor all-access toilet is to be used.
- The bar and clubrooms are available subject to social distancing and hygiene requirements. No hand-washing of glasses: all glasses and utensils must be run through dishwasher. The kitchen will remain closed.
- Entry doors will remain locked. There is no club access for visitors.
- The pro or designated alternative (relief pro, or committee-approved volunteer) must be in attendance to ensure protocols are followed and perform necessary cleaning.
- Opening hours will be rostered in keeping with staffing arrangements and equitable member access.
- The pro will manage the booking sheet to ensure equitable access.
- Players are required to sterilise their hands on entering the club and after play.
- Players are expected to bring their own towels.
- Glasses and water cooler will be removed from gallery.
- Sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available at the entrance counter and at the court centre post.
- The pro/attendant are required to regularly sanitise hands.
- The pro/attendant is required to disinfect counter tops, front door handles, banisters, toilet door handles, taps, and other common touch points after each game.
- The pro/attendant is required to clean dedans furniture, keyboards, EFTPOS machine, and toilets every morning.
- The pro/attendant is required to ensure clean glasses are available in the bar and used glasses are regularly run through the dishwasher during each day. Signage to be placed at the bar/sink are to reinforce hygiene requirements.
- The pro/attendant is required to check every day that soap and paper towels are available in toilet wash basin.
- Players should not exchange balls at the net at change of ends.
3. Club access
- Only members and their guests, the pro, and approved contractors and delivery agents are permitted to enter the club.
- All access doors will remain locked.
- Signage will be placed on the entry doors explaining the rules of access.
- Members with indicator symptoms, or who have been instructed to stay in isolation or quarantine, must not enter the club. Members will be asked on entry by the pro/attendant to confirm that they do not have symptoms and have not been instructed to self-quarantine.
- Members over 70 and those with pre-existing medical conditions are encouraged to consider their position.
- Access outside opening hours is only by prior arrangement with the pro with the attendance of an approved responsible person who has been registered and inducted in cleaning and distancing protocols.
4. Physical distancing
- Current physical distance protocols apply.
- Capacity limits of different areas of the club are as follows:
- Foyer 10
- Dedans 4
- Butler Room 10
- Trophy Room 18
- Players are expected to observe distancing protocols at court changeover, change of ends and in galleries.
- The pro/attendant is required to advise contractors and delivery agents that they must observe physical distancing. Delivery receipts must be contactless.
5. Information and supervision
- The club Safety Officer, Ray Brown, is the COVID Safety Coordinator. The COVID Safety Coordinator will provide oversight and liaise regularly with the Pro.
- The pro/approved attendant will supervise requirements.
- Notices will be placed on entry door outlining access protocols.
- Notices will be placed in side gallery outlining hygiene and physical distancing requirements.
- Posters will be displayed prominently on hand washing, and physical distancing requirements (available from government sources).
6. General duties
- If the pro becomes unwell and cannot attend club, a back-up roster will be available for coverage by the relief pro and approved volunteers.
- If a playing member is confirmed as COVID-19 positive, the club will notify WorkSafe Tasmania and the club will be closed pending cleaning and contact tracing.
- This plan will be reviewed by the Finance and Risk Subcommittee in preparation for stage 3 or as recommended by the COVID Safety Coordinator or in the event of a confirmed COVID-19 case by a playing member.
Approved by the HRTC Committee 24 June 2020