The Butler Room warmed by the gas fire was the ideal place to be on a cold Friday evening especially as what was on offer was 9 interesting wines to taste.
Tim Goddard of Cool Wines presented the following wines for the pleasure of the assembled 15 keen members and guests.
1. Loius Bouillot Cremante de Bourgogne – Burgundy, France
2. 2009 Lalla Gully Pinot Gris – NE Tasmania
3. 2009 Dom Lafage Cuvee Centinierre (grenache blanc) Cotes du Roussillon – France
4. 2008 Velo chardonnay – Tamar Valley, Tasmania
5. 2008 Third Child pinot noir – Tea Tree, Tasmania
6. 2009 Georges duboeuf merlot Vin de Pays doc – Southern France
7. 2007 Longview Devil’s Elbow cabernet sauvignon – Adelaide Hills, SA
8. 2009 Teusner ‘The Independant’ shiraz mataro (mouvedre) – Tanunda, SA
9. 2003 Zema ‘Cluny’ cab sav/merlot/cab franc/malbec – Coonawarra, SA
Accompanied by some bread and cheese, the group tasted its way through all 9 wines, with the benefit of Tim Goddard’s vast knowledge of Tasmanian, Australian and overseas wines. And Tim informatively responded to questions from the group throughout the session.
With Tim departed, the group of course had to finish the wines and more, and enjoyed a light meal of pate, rare beef, chicken and salmon and other snacks prepared by Nikki Millard.
Thanks to Nikki for arranging the evening. All those who were present are ready to do it again.